Choosing the right kindergarten schools in Jemison for your children can be an overwhelming task, especially if you don’t know much about what to look for. It’s important to find a school that will provide your child with the best possible education and a foundation for lifelong learning.


Jemison Headstart Center

Located in Jemison, Alabama, the Jemison Headstart Center is a kindergarten school. The center offers quality early learning services that foster children’s readiness for school and beyond. It provides a safe, nurturing learning environment and supports families in their well-being.

Mae Carol Jemison was born in Decatur, Alabama, and was the youngest of three children. She knew from an early age that she wanted to study science. Her parents were teachers. They moved to Chicago, Illinois, when Jemison was a child. They were determined to find a way to help their family.

Jemison graduated from Morgan Park High School in 1973, when she was 16. She then attended Cornell University, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in African and African-American studies. After graduating, Jemison joined the Peace Corps, where she served as a medical officer in Africa. She then went on to study at Cornell Medical School. She earned a Doctorate in Medicine in 1981. Jemison then went on to practice general medicine. She also founded the Jemison Institute for Advancing Technology in Developing Countries. Jemison also serves on the board of directors for many organizations.

SEE ALSO:  Top 2 Kindergarten Schools in Daleville, Alabama

Jemison has been inducted into the Texas Science Hall of Fame and the National Medical Association Hall of Fame. She has also received multiple honorary degrees. She also is a member of the National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine.


Chilton Christian Academy

Located in Jemison, Alabama, Chilton Christian Academy is a private school educating approximately 200 students from pre-kindergarten to twelfth grade. The school’s impressive facilities and state-of-the-art curriculum have earned it the accolades of several state educators. As of July 2018, the school’s student-teacher ratio stood at 16:1, well above the state average. The school also boasts one of the highest test scores in the state, with only four schools having a higher score.

The school is a testament to the fact that a high-quality education is essential to the future of this state and its citizens. Several notable figures have walked through the doors at Chilton Christian Academy over the years, including two members of the Alabama State Senate, four members of the Alabama House of Representatives, and several of the state’s leading attorneys. This fact has helped Chilton Christian Academy garner several accolades, including the honor of being named one of the best schools in the state. The school also boasts a stellar athletic program, with several teams competing at the regional and state level.

SEE ALSO:  Top 3 Kindergarten Schools in Prichard, Alabama

While the school has not been around for very long, its achievements have been numerous. Its high test scores, well-trained staff, and innovative curriculum have earned it a spot on the state’s best schools list.


Jemison Elementary School

Located in Jemison, AL, Jemison Elementary School is a K-4 public school. It is also a part of the Chilton County School System. Its enrollment is around 747 students. Jemison Elementary School was built in 1997 at a new location. The school employs 45 full-time teachers.

The school’s academic achievements were measured by its state test scores, which place it in the top 20% of all schools in Alabama for math proficiency. It also placed in the top 30% for overall test scores. It is also a good school for reading proficiency, placing in the top 50% of all schools in Alabama for that measure.

SEE ALSO:  Top 3 Kindergarten Schools in Deatsville, Alabama

Jemison Elementary School has a student population that is almost half Hispanic. The diversity score for the school is 0.58. The school also ranks in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for math proficiency. The student-to-teacher ratio is also lower than the state’s average of 17:1.

The school received a Bicentennial grant in 2018. They also have a pavilion and sensory area for students, as well as a nature trail. They have also developed an outdoor classroom project.

Jemison Elementary School is one of the largest schools in the county. In December 2006, the school enrolled just under 900 students. It is a public school that follows the state’s public education policies.